How should you handle Negative Comments?
With internet being too open, how would you handle negative comments directed at your business?
We’re sure you’ve heard one or two horror stories of establishments (here’s an example) getting negative reviews and reacting even more negatively! This has turned into viral posts that was shared virally thru different online channels turning this situation into a huge nightmare.
Here’s her 6 steps to handle a Negative Comment / Feedback
- Respond Quickly. Tag client to call attention and ask for his/her email add or contact number. As much as possible, direct client to discuss issue with you privately.
- If client keeps complaining online, respond in the most polite manner possible. Let a person with authority reply but be very careful with every word you post as this is public. If possible, every reply should be approved first by higher management.
- Apologize for any inconvenience and again ask them for contact details so management can handle issue promptly and properly.
- If issue isn’t really serious, best to ignore.
- Make sure to have an admin/copywriter who is highly responsible and capable in replying with a polite tone.
- PR Director of WhenInManila.com (Largest Online Blog / Magazine with 5 Million Pageviews per month & 1.2 Million Fans on Facebook)
- Handles Social Media / Consultant for companies such as Air Asia, Nurture Spa, Lake Hotel, and many more!